Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16 - Twin Falls State Park

Thursday, June 16th, 2011 at Twin Falls State Park, at about 11 am.

Ok, can't call this a climb, as a busload of Kindergarten kids got out and took off so fast, I never saw them again.  But Lacey and I had a good time strolling along the river, and going up the 500' or so to the bench overlooking Twin Falls.  Here they are, if you can see them through the trees.  This was at the far point of our hike.

Here is Lacey on the bench overlooking the falls. She is panting because we both did hard work to get to this elevation.

Here she is exploring the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River.
And here she is asking why I am sooo slowww going back!
Ok, now after I get home, Robert calls and wants to move our REAL climb up to TOMORROW.  The good thing is, he wants to do Granite Mountain instead of Mt Si, which I am really excited about. I spent the evening getting snow stuff ready (gaiters, ice axe, snow pants).  Now, just have to remember to put sun screen on in the morning.  It should be a beautiful day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment